Monday, November 17, 2008

Psalms 118:25

O LORD, save us;O LORD, grant us success.

After a long day, I logged on to Facebook and decided to try the online chat feature again. I think the last time I did it was during the summer time and it was kinda tricky with the computer I was using. But, when I logged on, I saw that my "starfish" was online. Excited to find out how she was doing, I immediately dropped her a line. As I dropped her a line, a former professor of mine dropped me a line. He was always so interactive with all the students at school and I appreciated how he seemed to genuinely care about all his students. Anyhow, he asked me how I was doing and what I was doing now that I've graduated. After sharing my current status, I asked him to pray for me. As he did, he also shared the title psalm with me.
I wrote it down and looked it up online and then I realized: God has granted me success and he has saved me. Every new day that I am living and breathing is a success. What I choose to do with the blessing of life that he gives me can only enhance the blessing of waking up successfully in the land of the living. It seems small but imagine if you didn't wake up; what a disaster it could be. No complaining only praising. If you think about God's goodness and truly try to praise God for what he has done, you have no time to be downcast. Praise God because he's so good! Thank you Jesus for saving me!

No comments: