Hi, everyone! I’m sorry for being MIA for a bit. My computer crashed and I’m still trying to figure out what to do. So, I’m writing this blog during a little down time in the PINK office. I’m actually working on the Facebook group for PINK magazine because it’s in desperate need of updating. So, I’ve been at work on Facebook…and it’s okay! Anyhow, one of the recurring themes in my life right now is one of justification. You know how God speaks in that still, small voice and when you’re in tune with him, you can hear it?!? I think he’s been speaking to me through showing me other people’s situations and stories to tell me that I will reap what I sow no matter what the situation may be. On Saturday, I opted to stay home from church and watch a sermon via internet. Craig Newborne, senior pastor at the
On Sunday, I watched this movie called The Other Boelyn Girl. Great movie based on a true story of the Boelyn sisters and Henry VIII ( King of England). Basically, the decisions of one of the sisters jacked up the family. But, I dare say (if you’ve seen the movie) that the decisions of the father of the sisters COMPLETELY jacked up the family. We’re talking about reaping what you sow.
And then, to learn of the tragedy of Jennifer Hudson’s family. Apparently, all three murders (mother, brother, and nephew*nephew is pictured above*) have been traced to the estranged husband of Jennifer Hudson’s sister. When you look on paper, anyone could envy
But, I just feel like the murderer will pay. I still believe he has a chance to repent and be in heaven because God is a merciful God who loves all his children (there’s no degree to sin as to which sin is better than another in His eyes), but he’s going to feel the consequences of his actions whether it’s a slow, agonizing painful death or life in a jail in Libya….he’s gonna pay because you reap what you sow.
I think God has put this message on my heart because it’s encouragement (haha…go figure) to work hard and put my all into honest hard work so that I can reap rewarding benefits. The examples above were people that put their all into evil. Why put your all into hurting someone for personal gain? Good can never come from maliciously evil acts for the inflictor (maybe in some twisted way, but not for real). I want rewards from good hard work. I couldn’t kill someone and gain money from it and be happy or proud of that. I want rewards that I can be proud of. In addition to that, what God might see as rewarding benefits may not be what I may think or see as rewarding benefits however the Lord knows best and so I have to trust that and continue to work hard and honestly.
But please pray for Jennifer Hudson. I mean…honestly. Celebrity or not, no one deserves to go through so much pain. My heart truly hurts for her. So when you read this, just whisper a quick prayer of comfort and strength for her. She needs it right now more than ever.


No comments:
Post a Comment