Friday, August 14, 2009

With the rods dominating my head, bright pink drying on my toes, and masque plastered all over my face, I'm in "Get-Cute" mode. Since that's what I'm doing, I'll talk about it for a few moments:

1. I used to think it really didn't make a difference if your nail polish cost $0.99 or $25. It would still look the same, right? WRONG! It takes more coats of the $0.99 bottle in addition to a few layers of top coat to get the same effect of the $25 bottle. What did I do? I chose the $8 Essie bottle. I bought a while ago and it really makes the difference. I don't even need to do a top coat with Essie. I'm officially an Essie fan for life. (I've even found a few $4 bottles of it in TJMaxx!)

2. Shea butter, in it's natural, unrefined form, is the miracle my skin has been thirsting after. A little bit goes a long way and my skin loves it. It's not incredibly heavy as I thought it would be and it even works for my feet too. When I get into dance-rehearsal mode, my feet get pretty upset. They get dry and rough. I used to just put lotion on it and hope it would get better but the other day, I used the shea butter all over my feet and then put on ankle socks. One week and two rehearsals later, my feet are still smooth!

3. When putting in the rods, I tried a different product combo. I really try not to be a product junkie so I just switch up the products every few months instead *smile*. To do the rods, I normally just use Lottabody Setting Lotion and that's it. But, my hair is getting longer and my curls are getting longer and I don't really like the way long straw curls look on my head. I prefer them short and spunky *haha* so I wet the hair, added some Optimum Oil Therapy Creme Oil Moisturizer (longest name ever) and then for a tighter curl, I used Kim Kimble's Bounce Back Curling Revitalizer. It's held my curls when I've done the fro or the curly ponytail so I figured it should work. We'll see!

Guess that's it for now! Have a beautylicious weekend ;)


1 comment:

Miss Major Substance said...

Ooo, I read about essie. Maybe I have to give it a try now. And yes girl, shea butter is the truth! My skin absolutely loves it!