Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My first Raspberry Sorbet...

In the frozen treat section of Walmart, lies one of the best treats known to man. Made by Haagen-Dazs, Raspberry Fat-Free Sorbet is the dessert of the beautiful for it makes you feel that way once you eat it. A creamy, non-dairy delectable desert:smooth to the senses and deliciously delightful to my taste buds.*Mind you, it's not as cheap as regular brand ice cream that I, as a college student may buy, and the serving size is only 105 grams (to pleasantly complete of those "why-am-I-still-alive"days, I could eat an entire jar), but the $2.98+ is sooooo worth it. I enjoy food alot. And I'm trying to enjoy life as much as I do food. Right now, it's not quite working out because on a college budget, Danielle's cuisine consists more of the TopRamen, Beans&Rice(yum) diet! Can you taste my sarcasm dripping with oily disdain?!

But, I'm trying this new thing: Taking life one moment at a time. My life is just too overwhelming for me to take it day by day. I may be okay in the morning by have no idea what fate, God, or the unknown evil spirit has conjured up for me in the evening. Just taking it as it comes...Learning to fight and love. Being proactive in respecting myself, loving myself, and surrounding my being with others who will do the same.

This is my new philosophy for living. Hopefully, this will be the recipe for sweet tranquility,inner peace, and true joy. Trusting in The One and allowing him to orchestrate my days so that I can enjoy each moment and sweetly savor it. Savor it moment by moment...just like a spoonful of raspberry sorbet! :P

No comments: