I think this semester has created a new believer in massages in me. I'm overdue for one. Normally, I h
ate the idea of someone's creepy, perverted hands caressing, rubbing, and kneading my back. It's a process that's quite intimate, you know? A little too intimate for the likes of someone who still has trouble getting naked in front of strangers...(it's just not something I care to be comfy enough to do). Have you ever wondered why people go into the field of massage therapy? I recently went to the official American Massage Therapy Association website(http://www.amtamassage.org/mtamassage.org/). They have conventions for that kind of stuff! Another website noted that a person can "earn an average annual income of $29,250 (including tips) by providing 15 hours of massage per week." Well...more power to the massage therapists because you'd have to pay me so much more to run oil down someone's hairy back and then consider the interesting smells from 15 massages a day. Have mercy!
ate the idea of someone's creepy, perverted hands caressing, rubbing, and kneading my back. It's a process that's quite intimate, you know? A little too intimate for the likes of someone who still has trouble getting naked in front of strangers...(it's just not something I care to be comfy enough to do). Have you ever wondered why people go into the field of massage therapy? I recently went to the official American Massage Therapy Association website(http://www.amtamassage.org/mtamassage.org/). They have conventions for that kind of stuff! Another website noted that a person can "earn an average annual income of $29,250 (including tips) by providing 15 hours of massage per week." Well...more power to the massage therapists because you'd have to pay me so much more to run oil down someone's hairy back and then consider the interesting smells from 15 massages a day. Have mercy! But, the stress from one day has created a new believer in massages. When I get some money...(Jesus...hint,hint), I'll go to the mall and get in one of those scary claustrophobic tanks that massage people to sleep. Oops...on second thought, I should support a massage therapist and pay them to do it...
But, they're making $29, 250 more than I make.
I'm a hater.
I'll pass.


No comments:
Post a Comment