Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Gr8ness!

On the eve of 12midnight,it will be officially be 22 years since I landed on Planet Earth. 22 years! I embrace the blessing of reaching this point in my life. 22 isn't that old! ha!
I also appreciate everything that life has taught me up until this point. As a "melphleg" (short for melancholy phlegmatic), I'm good at mapping things out and planning the details of how I want my life to go. Executing those meticulously drawn plans is a different story. I see how in the past 22 years I have become more ambitious in my endeavors. I also see the mistakes I have made and understand the lessons I was supposed to learn from those different experiences. Growth is one of the most important experiences in life and it is through our growth that we turn into people who we dream to be. We all have dreams and have configured in our minds the fabulous people who we desire to become. However, it is important to take a strong look at that person in the mind's eye and decide whether or not it is worth it to become proactive in developing into that person. Take into consideration the sacrifices, work, sweat, and tears that will go into becoming the person you aspire to be. If it's worth it, be aggressive in becoming that person you desire to be. There's nothing wrong with aspiring to be great and realizing your full potential. It's not up to other people to realize your full potential. It's up to you. You are your greatest competition. Once you've terminated the negative energy within your mind, the sky is the limit! But what? What if you decide that the dream is just merely a dream and unattainable! If it's not worth it, don't continue to waste time developing a blueprint of a person who is only attainable in dreams. Yes, you've allowed yourself to become defeated in a certain area, but so what? Move on. Keep searching for what it is that you want to conquer in order to achieve greatness!

No comments: