Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The WoW factor


There are some people in life that I am just genuinely amazed by. I really appreciate being around people that I can learn from and grow with. With that being said, I have this friend. She and I became friends this school year and (trying not to sound like a little kid) she's just so cool. I would see her around campus in years past and thought that she was just too cool for school. She's really pretty, has her own unique and gr8 style, has these really funky freckles and brownish blondish hair, and she's just always so happy. On top of that, she is an amazing artist/graphic designer(painting featured in blog) and poet. And she's a great singer, songwriter, and vocalist. AND she plays the guitar! She's like a jack-of-all-trades. Just all around, she's cool!

When we became friends, I felt like there were all these extra random facts that I got to learn about what made her who she was. I love learning more about people, their backgrounds, their psychological makeup, what makes them smile, tick, stressed, etc.


Today, I was working on more homework (can you guess what class?*read the vent below*) and next to me was a book I was reading for it. She was so excited and was like"ohhhh, I wish I read more. You're so smart and you actually be reading and stuff." (She then proceeded to fix her improper English. Ebonics is a killer. Don't be a victim.)Mind you, I know what she means as far as taking the time out to dive into interesting books but um...she's graduating summa cum laude. I think she gets so annoyed with me when I talk about it but it's such an amazing accomplishment. She's talking about how I'm so "smart" but technically, your resume speaks before you do. Your transcript speaks before you do. So in actuality, her future bosses will say "she has potential!" whereas me...*as my friend would say* what the hell?!?! Granted, we're all coming from Oakwood so there is only so much technology we truly have access to. There's no course that teaches the intricacies of Photoshop but within a year, she's taught herself. She has a basic knowledge but the things she does with it is great. She made my logo/header. Isn't it pretty? She is so modest about her talents. But in actuality, she's so amazing. She's down to earth on top of all her amazing accomplishments. Her deameanor is so cool and chill yet get into a deep conversation with her...my gosh, she's brilliant. The things she's accomplished: others look at and try to do. She just does it. She has a strong mind. She has the ability to place her mind over the matter ( a difficult feat). She's going places. Get ready for her. Amber K. Boyd.

Modesty:
The art of encouraging people to find out for themselves how wonderful you are.
~Source Unknown

No comments: