Today, I've pulled inspiration from Cycle 8 Episode 3.
Claiming Maui as home, Renee has a husband and a baby who she always talks about and sometimes cries about when she thinks of them. The annoying thing about her is that she's such the hater!!!! I'm sure as we all have to fight the urge to talk about one another from time to time but my goodness.
She gloats when other girls are feeling poorly about themselves and tries to find the weaknesses in her competition so that she can prey on them and make them feel like crap....but all the energy she's directing towards sizing up her competition could be spent in the mirror: figuring out her angles, learning how to smile with her eyes, finding her strengths and playing them up more. But no! She's got to talk bad about everyone else to make herself feel better. She gets so mad when others have challenges that seem relatively easy next to hers, but at the end of the day, no one's looking at that. It's nothing new. Many people do it and I've written about this issue before.
Focus on you. What makes you great?!? What makes you special?!? What's going on in your own life?!? Stop looking at what other people have and deciding you've got to have better!!!! I think that's a huge problem that I see in alot of people. I've had to check myself on that because after graduation, I was like...."um, where's my job? where's my paycheck?!? where's my fly new this and that?!?" So and so has it. It's just a matter of time before I "gets" mine ( ignore the ebonics. I just had to do it. heehee). But, for real?
The winner of this particular season is Jaslene and in this episode, she makes it clear that she's not about to look at anyone else and what they're doing. She decided to work on herself and figure out what she needed to do to improve. Homegirl won so I can't think of a better strategy. Your greatest competition is you. So stop looking at someone else's things plotting to figure out how you're going to get something way better! In addition, stop looking at someone else's life and conclude that they've got it made and things just come to them. YOU have NO idea what's going on on the other side.
I'm a little bothered because I've been affected by people who want so badly to thrive and get instantly gratifying success but have no desire to struggle, work really hard, be without for a while, or learn on their own. It's understandable yet so frustrating and our society doesn't necessarily always cater to people who work honest and hard.People are getting lazier and more self asbsorbed. WHAT A COMBO!!!! Or maybe I'm annoyed because it seems like people have become so freakin' shallow (I'm one to talk...the name of this blog is "top model teaches lessons"...and it's part 3" wtf[reak]?)
Sometimes, success isn't always seen. Some of the most gratifying success stories are intangible.
And when it's felt, you'll instantly know it. But that's the only instance of instant gratification with success....
Success: it's just not an Uncle Ben's rice kinda thing.
PS. I've been rambling like crazy.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment