Wednesday, December 31, 2008

In Retrospect

It's the last day of 2008 and I'm not one of those for resolutions and pacts but I do take the time to reflect. I've been alive for 22 years. Out of all those years, there are only three years that stick out the most to me. 1996- the year of the Summer Olympics and when I first saw hell in it's scariest forms (don't ask). 2002- the year my mom died and it changed my life forever. and 2008- the year I was crowned Miss Oakwood, faced eviction twice, worked a brutal night shift at the worst restaurant ever, graduated from college w/ the weirdest but most gratifying degree, was told no by Essence but yes by PINK, tried to move to NYC but went to Atlanta instead, experienced others' overwhelming amounts of betrayal and hatred toward me but developed the most fruitful, Christ-centered relationships with people who I believe to be the roots on my "tree" of life. What a year. How am I ending it?

Engulfed in Clean House and Project Runway marathons on the couch in my pjs. Lame?

I've had quite a year. I deserve a break. Thanks.

Happy New Year.


oh! and I started a blog;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you danielle!!! never stop, you are such an inspiration!

D A N I said...

Aww! Love you too, Kicks! Thanks for the encouragement! ;)

Amber K. Boyd said...

wow. that was so refreshing. makes me think about mine. hmmmm. you've had quite a year daniboo, and i'm glad i was able to trek along with you....to infinity and beyoooooooond!!! no one can stop you(us) now!