Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Brilliance of Mr. Button

I don't go to the movies as often as I'd like to. But, Dad treated my sisters and I to a movie a few days ago. At first, I wanted to see Doubt (which I still def. wanna see) but we couldn't all agree on that one so we went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button instead. When I say that going to see that movie was probably one of the best decisions I've made, I'm not even kidding!
I think that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button has got to be one of the best movies I've ever seen in my entire life! Starring Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett, and Taraji P. Henson, I swear if this movie doesn't clean up at the Oscars, I can't imagine what would.
Inspired and very loosely based on the 1920s short story written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, the camera follows a tale of a man whose life is essentially backwards. He's born as an old man and dies as a newborn baby. The film takes you through the journey of his life with interesting story lines perfectly intertwined through the movie. I LOVE LOVE LOVEDDD it! The writers deserved to be slapped for being so freakin' creative. It kept my attention the entire time....let me put it this way. My dad has falling asleep in literally every single movie I've watched with him since I was a little girl and he stayed awake the entire three hours of this movie! That means it was REALLY good! LoL. Usually, I'm one of those people that will wait till the movie is in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart before I buy so I clearly have like...5 more years to go before I'll actually purchase The Great Debaters *smile* but I'm buying this one as soon as it hits the stands.
In my opinion, the acting was good, but it wasn't necessarily what blew me away. What blew me away was the actual story line and how it was written and how cleanly everything was brought together. Go see it! The trailer doesn't even do it complete justice. Trust me! You Won't be disappointed!
Man!!!

No comments: