Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day #12: Caught-Up

I've been playing catch up for the past two posts so now I'm on the post for today- day #12. I actually enjoyed sleeping in today. I slept in until 8 this morning and then I stayed in bed for another 2 hours. It felt great! I was supposed to have a meeting at 9:30 this morning at church but it ended up being cancelled. I still went to the church for dance rehearsal which started at 1pm. 

Can I just say that dance rehearsal was awesome?!? I'm super excited! It was such a great reunion and rehearsal. I hadn't seen all the dancers in one place in a while. We also have two new dancers. One dancer wasn't able to make it today but the other dancer came and she was so good! I was really happy because we were able to open up with a great devotion which really spoke to us in a way I really couldn't have planned. Afterwards, we stretched and then got started learning the moves. I'm really excited about this group. The girls that I have are committed and I know that they will do an incredible job! 
Our first opportunity to minister at our church will be at the end of March. I decided to take things up a couple of notches this go round with the choreography. Last time, the choreography was pretty simple but that was just to get a good introduction. It was also so that I could get a good gauge for where each dancer's skill was at. Now, they know what to expect from me. I know what they're capable of and I will push them to better! I can be a teeny tiny bit of a drill sergeant when it comes to the details. I'll go over a certain part over and over and over again until they get it right. I'm not mean and ruthless though. I know when to quit. Needless to say, I am pumped and the girls know that we are officially in work mode. 

One of the things I will be pushing for also is consistency. We only performed once as a group last year. The other two times the church saw a dance ministry was from me as a solo. At first, I was REALLY against the idea of doing a praise dance solo. I really really didn't want to do it. Now that I've done it twice, I can how I don't mind getting on us a regular schedule so that we have more than one performance for each season. Our downfall was the summertime/fall back-to-school time. So, if that were to happen this year, I'd at least be more comfortable doing a solo dance until the girls are ready to go again. I think it's important to see praise & worship in different forms beside singing especially since Heaven is going to be a place of celebration. I can't imagine standing in Heaven and not jumping, leaping, and twirling for joy at the fact that I made it. Then add the factor of wings into the picture. You can forget it. Can you imagine the choreography I could do with wings? Lol! Ok. Let me not get carried away. It was a great day and I'm happy about it. :) 

No comments: