
When I decided to start this blog, I initially intended it to be about my opinions on everything from life, politics, the demise of the entertainment industry, the lack of jobs in journalism, fashion, places to eat, dishes to try, fun hobbies to cultivate (get the picture?). But, in venting about mishaps in life, I've had the opportunity to look back and see the problems I was facing just two weeks ago and how they were solved. I looked back at my "vent" and was so frustrated about studying W. African History and putting everything to memory for all my diff. exams. I look back on that week and remember how serious that week was and how I genuinely couldn't have made it through on my own strength. I made it through that week and I didn't have a single Red Bull. Amazing! I still can't believe that six days ago, I graduated from college!!!!!! I'm so excited about that. The experience was fun and if I could, I would bottle it and sell it because it was just that good! I've decided I like focusing on happy things better than worrying. If I spend my time giving attention to negativity, I waste perfect brain space that I could be using to learn more about Photoshop, re-learn everything that I crammed during the semester, or watch the sunset. At some point, you've got to realize who you are and acknowledge the fact that you CAN control how people treat you. If you acknowlegde people when they talk down to you, you're telling them it's okay to treat you like crap because you respond to it. You have to teach people how to treat you. Draw boundaries as to what you will put up with. This goes for family as well. I think my family has a hard time accepting that I'm an adult and that I'm not responsible for them. Your family should always have a special place. Love your family the best you can. Understand how far you can take things with them and know how far you're going to allow them to take you down the wrong road. You can't control them or allow them to drive you insane. It's your life! Live it the best way you know how. At the end of the day, the only person you have to answer to is God...oh and perhaps the IRS!
Boundaries:
Understanding, creating, maintaining the lines between us that let us know who we are.
( I like that;)


No comments:
Post a Comment