Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm confused...


I have problems with the whole "positive thinking" concept. Why set yourself up to be disappointed if things don't work out? I feel like it's healthier for personal sanity to expect the worst. If you anticipate the worst case scenario, anything better will be the bright side. It sounds bad but I think we do a great disservice to ourselves when we hope, believe, and pray for the positive. There's only room for a few at the top. And if a million people are racing for that one opportunity, there are inevitably going to be some losers. I'm just tired of the whole "wishing, believing, and praying" concept and watching everyone else around me getting what they believed in and I'm sitting here with nothing. It's weird because I'm so genuinely "leap-out-of-my-chair, laugh-till-I-cry, scream-till-I'm-dizzy-with-a migraine" happy for everyone else like it's me mainly because the journalism field is such a difficult one. But, what happened to my opportunity coming through? What did I do? I'm confused.

No comments: