I bought my tickets for the seminar and for the bus ride and so I'm headed to NYC on Thursday! I'm very excited about what I'll get to learn and the magazine editors who will be at the seminar! I have so much to do in order to get ready but, right now...there's something a little more important!Today is the day. My youngest sister takes her senior pictures. She's so excited! Since I've been at the computer, she's consulted me twice about two diff. outfits; yesterday, I received a picture message on my phone of what her nails looked like; I just overheard my dad telling her she looked stunning *she's probably curling her hair* and I'm going as moral support. When I was in high school, I was looking forward to taking those pictures since my freshman year! lol. My mom had this banquet dress that had the same type of shawl look as the formal senior picture (except hers was a deep purple, lol). I used to try it on in the mirror and imagine what my hair would look like and how everything would turn out. Kinda lame. But in my defense: ...I was excited! My "big sis" Karen came with me for female moral support and I was really happy about that. And then in the years that followed, I was in attendance for Dionne's (the middle sister) senior pictures...and now...it's Debi's turn. I'm sure that everything will turn out fine.
But looking back to when I was a high school senior, I remember feeling on top of the world. I just knew I was doing it because I graduated from HS. Litte did I know how much growth, change, and maturity I would go through in college. I'm grateful for all my different experiences, but I think I appreciated college the most because it taught me some valuable lessons and showed me how clueless I truly was in high school. But, it's still sweet to have that naivete in high school. You're supposed to. Can't grow up too quickly...
Debi's got alot planned for her senior year though! She's on the step team. She's going to be doing Dreamgirls (spring musical)...I hope she gets the part of Effie. She has it in her to pull it off decently. And my favorite part: She's on the school newspaper staff. She's an editor of one of the sections and she has her own "Dear Abby" section entitled "Ask Coco Chanel". I'm so excited for her articles to come out and can't wait to read them! If she gets focused this school year, she'll do well. I'm praying for her and you should too :)


1 comment:
very creative and inspiring...I believe your own magazine awaits you in the future...
Post a Comment