Okay!...So officially, the summer is winding down. Tomorrow begins August and I still don't have a job. I've lined up interviews with places like Victoria's Secret, The Limited, and Express. It's their hiring season and my app. was at the top of their list so I'm trying to juggle all of that and resuscitate my love for journalism as it has been dying with the days of summer (oh the insanity of it all! whatever shall I do? *Can we say drama queen?*) I have a degree and am looking for jobs in the mall...Journalism is pretty hard to get into and the magazines are not banging down my doors for interviews at all. I've spent all summer networking, emailing, writing, calling, stalking, and even rode up to NY for a 1 1/2 hr seminar. Needless to say, I was feeling down and not sure what my purpose in life was. So, I went for a drive...I ended up at Wal-Mart...bought some pretty stuff and went to bed rather early. Next day, I decided to go to Big Sis's house and take my mind off of things...again.This morning, while at Big Sis's house, I received a phone call from another "big sis". We'll call her Big Sis T. Well, Big Sis T is a lawyer in Atlanta. I've always loved her style. Interior decorating, fashion, dance, music, relationships with Christ: I pulled a little from both of big sisters and created my own style.
Sidebar- I remember when they use to pray to close out dance rehearsals and it sounded like they were really having a real conversation with God...without the fluff....it helped make God more real to me...random....I know.
But, Big Sis T decided she was leaving her job as a lawyer to become an interior designer. That's great, right? What's even better...she needs someone to help her get started: business proposals, fabric company calls, photographers, run arounds, basically be a personal assistant. Guess why she called me? lol! So, I'd be living in her big beautiful house rent free!!! A car would be provided for my travels around Atlanta, a certain amount for gas each month, a decent paycheck each month, and I'd have my own room!!!! I can't believe it. All I have to do now is pray about whether or not this is what God wants..because I'm so ready to smell the roses or I guess in Atlanta, you'd bite the peaches?


3 comments:
Hey Danielle, your blog is great! I added it to my Google Reader account and got to read it this past week. Praise God for whatever He's doing! Trust me--LAOC (Life After Oakwood Col...oh for you it's "U", lol)is nothing BUT earning a doctorate in learning how God's got things in control.
Anyway, keep bloggin, and I'm praying for you.
Good for you, girl!!! God will NEVER let His seed beg for bread.
Thanks, guys!!!! :)
Post a Comment