Sunday, July 20, 2008

Keep Your Eyes on YOUR Prize

On Saturday, I visited a church with two friends. I was reluctant to go at first simply because of the "uppity" rep of the people there but something told me to go anyway. Needless to say, I believe that the Holy Spirit directed me there because I truly received a blessing. Anyhow, that's not the focus of today's discussion. Minutes after the preacher got up to speak, a young couple walked in and sat next to me. I recognized the girl from a cotillion program we were in together but figured she didn't remember me so I smiled politely and went back to focusing on the sermon.
Men...just so you know, females have some on point peripherals. We can see when you're trying to get our attention to holla or your annoying attempts to get attention after we've sooo moved on.

Lesson #1: If we "can't" see your attempts to get our attention while in our vicinity, it means we're ignoring you. Get it? Ignoring you.

All throughout the service, the couple was very touchy feely. The hand-holding during church wasn't that bad, but the groping of the knee, occasional touch on the thighs, and the blushing and giggling...it was a distraction, but I wasn't offended by it.
However, my friends and I did take offense to an arrogant, shameless move by the boyfriend. At some point in the sermon, he decided he wanted to check out the eye candy next to his girl so he took her hand in his (again) and bent forward for about 10 seconds to check us all out. Um..what? Dude, you're holding your girl's hand...in church. Are you high? He leaned forward 10 seconds longer than he should have. It's one thing to glance. But, brother man was staring...
When will brothers stop being so bold? Have some respect for your girl. When we (other females) see you checking us out while you're with your girl, it's a turn-off (for the decent ones). It means you'd do the same thing to us in a relationship. The women who get excited about a brother in a relationship checking them out, those are more than likely the ones to stay away from.
Now, it's okay to glance or even quickly admire because we are a beautiful specimen... but please don't gawk; Especially not with the girl.

Not a good look. Not a good look!

No comments: