Seven days of Creation (Genesis 1)
Seven years of plenty and seven years of famine in Pharaoh’s dream (Genesis 41)
Seven days of the feast of Passover (Exodus 13:3-10)
Seven day week and the pattern concerning distribution and use of manna (Exodus 16)
Seven year cycle around the years of Jubilee (Leviticus 25)
The fall of the walls of Jericho on the seventh day after marching around the city seven times(Joshua 6)
Seven things the LORD hates (Proverbs 6:16-19)
Seven loaves multiplied into seven baskets of surplus (Matthew 15:32-37)
The Seven last words (or seven last sayings) of Jesus on the cross.
Seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom (Acts 6:3)
Seven Spirits of God are mentioned in the Book of Revelation.
Seven churches of Asia to which the "Book of Revelation" is addressed.
Seven churches, seven stars, seven seals, seven last plagues, seven vials or bowls, seven thunders in the Revelation, the last book of the Bible.
7 years ago today, my mother died of breast cancer. Metastisized basically means it started somewhere specifically but then spread. My mother's cancer spread to her brain and eventually killed her in her back. I will NEVER forget that day even though in some ways, I feel like I've made my mind act like she didn't exist all the way. I remember things she used to say but to cope with it, over the years, I made her life a character in my mind. Something that existed but didn't exist. I couldn't look at pictures for a long time and actually still can't. Everytime I hear someone sing "More than Enough" by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, it doesn't matter what's going on, I'll cry profusely. It's actually incredibly embarrassing! But, that song was on repeat when she was in the hospice so my mind associates that song with those horrible last few weeks.
7 year ago today, I knew my life was over and that I wouldn't make it. It felt like a huge chunk of me was just missing. I had friends, family and church family who helped stand in the gap, but that void could NEVER be filled again. Our family is completely different because of it. I know my dad is looking at marriage. My youngest sister will be graduating from HS soon and he wants a companion again. I'm not crazy at all about his girlfriend (i've never been) but, I know that he'll be happy with someone who makes him happy and so in that case, I'm happy.
7 years ago today, I couldn't stop crying. That night, it hit me hard when I looked at her college cap and gown picture. Who was going to give me those tight, bear hugs now that she was gone? And who would stay up till wee hours in the morning on the couch talking about nothing? Who was going to sing to WGTS (Christian radio station in the DMV) at the top of her lungs at 6am to wake me up for school? More importantly, how was I going to continue?
7 years ago, I had the worst semester ever. My grades dropped. Thankfully, I had teachers working with me through the situation. So, I was able to pass all but one Modern World History class (still slightly bitter about that simple class.lol). But, I spent alot of time in the assistant principal's office crying my heart out. I just couldn't understand how my life would consist of anything good without her.
7 years later, I stand so much stronger as a result of that trial. Even though I still miss her life CRAZY and wish I could find out what she'd think of me now, I feel at peace about it. I know that it was her time. She used to always tell me that she felt like God would bring her to the edge and then bring her back.
7 years later, God brought me to my edge and then brought me back with abundant blessings. I KNOW that everything in my life right now is in God's hands. I will take another entry sometime this week to go into further detail but basically I feel like God is restoring the 7 years that the locusts have eaten.
7 years later this morning...I woke up to my first morning in my new apartment in the city of Atlanta. 10 hrs away from MD and in between Midtown and Buckhead. I have everything I've ever wanted in an apt. and it's in a safe place. God orchestrated everything and has modeled this apartment with me in mind.I can even see the skyline when jogging down the road. It's such a pretty view and it makes me feel like God cares about those details like "Hmm. Danielle jogs and likes the city.I'll put the two together for her!" There's so much that I will share regarding this leap of faith but this apartment, my new home, is a place of healing for me.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
..and the restoration will continue. i'm very proud of you dani...congratulations on your new apartment. u r truly blessed and highly favored. i know there are big things in store for you. continue to trust and put Him first as i know u will.
luv always
i have a tear in my eye...
God has brought you through so much. Amen for the strength God has given you. Keep on keepin on girl! I know you can!
Post a Comment