Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring Feenin' and Cleanin'

Is it just me or is anyone else truly looking forward to spring? I need some warm weather in my life on the real tip. Atlanta has been kind and blessed me with a few teasers of how wonderful spring will be but enough with the games, I'm ready for the real deal! March 20th can't come soon enough.

Anyway, I've decided to get my "Feng Shui" on in my bedroom. Feng Shui, in terms of lifestyle, can mean getting rid of the junk, distractions, and unneccesary clutter to create a very simplistic space that's easy to maintain with liberal use of the trashcan and a discerning mind. Actually, I'm doing it mainly because I have no furniture for real (chuckle), but I love how it's turned out. People who are into Feng Shui actually make their houses look like this on purpose. It's not really my style but it looks cute for the time being. 
My bedspread complements the colors of these two orchid flower arrangements I have on either side of the room. Some of my pillows have Asian inspired prints/designs. And I have this cute little wooden stool that serves as a bedside table for now! So it works out great. Then there's this huge canvas painting of three orchids that I'm going to hang above my bed. I bought it in Huntsville last year and the colors go perfectly. If you walked into my room, you'd think I have a thing for orchids but it's not overkill ( i hate when people have themes and then kill it. 2 much of a good thing can be extremely bad!). I really don't have an orchid fetish though. They're pretty, but I don't have a fav. flower so they're just in the pretty category....or maybe I'm in denial?

And I'm very very excited about the debut of ANTM Cycle 12 on March 4th. I missed alot of seasons of TV shows once I disappeared into a cave called Oakwood for three years. Now that I'm out, I have time to watch TV again. So, since I don't have a TV in my house, I'll be going down to the gym a little earlier than usual to catch ANTM. Just pray that I get a hold of the remote before one of those dudes watches Nancy Grace again (ugh!).

Last Thought of the Day:
I've heard people say that you should assume someone is stupid until proven otherwise. If you see me in the street, act like you've never heard that saying in your life. Unless solicited, I don't want any advice on what I should do with MY life. I used to have a quote cutout taped to my old desktop, "People say you're going the wrong way when it's simply a way of your own."- Angelina Jolie. 

Alot of things I do don't make too much sense but it's me that's doing them. So if it's me that's doing them, to be frank, it doesn't concern you!
So whether you're in the position of feeling oppressed and discouraged by people around or "above" you or you're the one doing it, STOP. Tune out other people's wack evaluations of your own personal life and stop trying to tell other people what to do with their lives and lead your own! It sounds harsh, but it's the fact of the matter. You are ultimately responsible for YOU. You can love love love people all you want and feel like it's your duty to chastise them"in love" all the time but eventually it can get to point where you love them so much they hate you. Oooo.'You loved me so much that I hate you.' That's another entry/poem/song for another day!
At the end of the day, it's really simple. We just make it so complicated by getting caught up in what we see as a tragedy in another person's life. But in reality, the only tragedy lies in the fact the people being nitpicked at have to fight to live their own lives. I know I feel that way sometimes. There's a beauty in making mistakes and recovering from them. It sucks to go through but sometimes mistakes are necessary and UNAVOIDABLE just because of the swing of things mixed with growing up and God's plan. 
So here's a new quote: If a person didn't ask for your approval or validation of their life, assume it's not wanted. 
I've stopped listening to other people and am only listening to God. He's spoken clearly and literally in so many different ways. So in my book, that's the only voice that really matters....
So I guess it's not just my house that's been captured by Feng Shui...


1 comment:

Miss Major Substance said...

Tell 'em!! I feel the same way. People need to mind their own business and let you LIVE your life.